|The De-tech-tive 4 Teachers Word Cloud|
Tagxedo offers many terrific features such as:
1. customization of fonts, themes, colors, orientation and shapes.
2. saving images for printing and sharing
3. numerous fine-tuning options
(the pedagogical rationale for the use of technology in the classroom)
To interpret, recognize, appreciate, and understand information presented through objects and/or symbols
To elaborate, refine, analyze, and evaluate ideas in order to improve and maximize creative efforts.
To expand and improve vocabulary by using various language expressions such as synonyms, homonyms, antonyms, etc.
The official blog of Tagxedo offers an excellent resource for teachers entitled "101 Ways to Use Tagxedo". Below is a sampling of some of the great lesson ideas offered:
1. Contrast Candidates in a Political Debate - Using debates, speeches, slogans, promises, etc., students can examine the political platform of two or more political candidates.
2. Current Events - Using key terms from various news outlets (newspaper, radio, television, etc.), students can summarize the latest newsworthy event.
3. Make a Self Portrait - Using one's dreams, hopes, character traits, goals, etc., students can summarize their personality.
4. Make a Tagxedo Poem - Using a favorite poem or one written personally, students can create a word cloud highlighting its theme.
How to Get Started:
View the video tutorial below to create your first Tagxedo word cloud in minutes!
Tagxedo is a fantastic resource to help students improve a variety of 21st Century skills. Click here to get started!
This post originally appeared on The De-tech-tive 4 Teachers.